The Community Pharmacy Patient Safety Group was delighted to host a virtual conference on Wednesday June 30th.
The conference was an opportunity to explore:
- Key learnings and collaborative work from the pandemic
- How community pharmacies adapted to support patient safety
- Learnings from other sectors
- Action to support colleague wellbeing
The conference was chaired by Janice Perkins, Chair of the Patient Safety Group and discussion was facilitated by Carey Edwards, expert in human factors, former pilot, and a non-executive director of Day Lewis.
In addition, we were really pleased to be joined by a number of excellent speakers. This included:
- Mike Ling MBE: Former RAF and Red Arrows pilot
- Victoria Steele: Vice chair of the Patient Safety Group and Superintendent of LloydsPharmacy
- Dr Chris Turner: Consultant in emergency medicine and “civility saves lives” campaign
- Elaine Hand Griffiths, Well Pharmacy, expert in patient safety
We are really pleased to be able to share recordings of the presentations with you. The sessions have been split into three videos and are available below.
Janice Perkins, Chair of the Patient Safety Group, introduction to the group
Mike Ling MBE, Former RAF and Red Arrows Pilot
Please note a short section of this video has been removed due to copywrite restrictions.
Question and Answer session led by Carey Edward, followed by presentations from Victoria Steele, Dr Chris Turner and Elaine Hand Griffiths
With thanks to Accord for supporting the conference .